Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, October 18, 2010

"Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It" Review: Rock On!

Ten years ago, if you had told me to describe Bret Michaels, I would have used words like rocker, wild, reckless. But now, I use words like father, caring, compassionate. But I would also add the word adorable…

And now Bret is showing us all of those traits on his new reality show, “Bret Michaels” Life As I Know It.”

Gone is watching Bret make out with dozens of women. Now the only women he’s putting his arms around are his daughters, Raine and Jorja, and their mother, Kristi. And as entertaining as I thought the “Rock of Love” shows were, I think I like seeing Bret in this environment more. Even among all of the insanity and catfighting on “Rock,” Bret always came off as a sweet and caring guy. Now we get to see that in full force with his adorable family. And maybe after 16 years, we’ll finally get to see Bret settle down with Kristi.

In the opening episode, we get a quick recap of all of Bret’s health issues. Then, the focus turns to him wanting to get back on the road—something his daughters are not all that crazy about. But Bret is first and foremost a rocker. And he’s not going to let a little thing like appendicitis, or an aneurysm, or a stroke, or a hole in his heart stop him.

And even though you know he’s risking his life, you can’t help but root for him…

Bret’s life as he knows it is pretty awesome. And we’ll all enjoy watching it.

“Bret Michaels: Life As I know It” premieres Monday, October 18th at 10 p.m. on VH1…

Photo Credit: VH1