Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"Flipping Out" Review: Is Something Missing?

I think you guys know I adore Jeff Lewis. And “Flipping Out” is one of my favorite shows.

But there’s just something missing in the season four premiere. Or maybe I should say someone…

If you’re new to this one, “Out” follows house flipper/designer Jeff Lewis and the crew that is crazy enough to put up with his OCD ways and his constant flip outs over the smallest little things. There’s Jenni, his loyal executive assistant; Sarah and Trace, his design associates; Jett, his house assistant; and Zoila, his long-suffering maid.

In the premiere, Jeff has fully embraced his design business and it is booming as he bounces back and forth from client to client. He spars with Jenni over her mistakes and what Jeff views as a lack of focus. He spars with Sarah over her ditziness. And he spars with Zoila over…well, everything. He even goes so far as to consider cutting his staff to streamline the business.

What’s missing in the premiere is Jeff’s humanity. And that’s because Ryan (Jeff’s former business partner) is nowhere to be found. Fans hoping for some kind of reunion during the offseason after that ugly reunion show argument will be sorely disappointed. And without Ryan to balance Jeff, the show seems to be missing something—something I hope it finds soon.

However, as much as I miss Ryan, I do have to say I still believe he was guilty of what Jeff accused him of and the premiere only helps strengthen that belief.

And as long as we still have Zoila, who even gets her own on-camera confessionals this year, I think the show will be okay…

“Flipping Out” premieres Tuesday, August 10th at 9 p.m. on Bravo…

Photo Credit: Tommy Garcia/Bravo