Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reliving My Favorite TV Weddings

I promised all of you that I would share the reason for my being away from my blog all last week, and here it is…

I got married!

In Thursday’s “Herald-Dispatch,” I reminisce about some of my favorite TV wedding moments. And thanks to the magic of YouTube, you can relive some of them with me…

The wedding of Ross and Rachel in Vegas on “Friends.” Note that this clip is from the premiere of the next season, so you don’t get to hear the audience’s total shock when Ross and Rachel come through the door. You can see it here.

The wedding of Whitley and Byron on “A Different World.” I still consider the moment when Dwayne declares his love for Whitley as one of the most romantic moments in TV history.



Music video type scenes in TV shows were a brand new thing in 1984. So when “Days of Our Lives” used “Holding Out for a Hero” for the scene where Bo kidnaps Hope from her wedding to Larry Welch, you knew it was a big scene. It’s amazing how young everyone is. Can’t believe that now Bo’s gone back to Carly and Hope is trying to kill Bo. You can see the scene here.

After Ray saved Robert and Amy’s wedding on “Everybody Loves Raymond” with his classic editing speech during his best man toast, Robert and Amy did a very non-traditional first dance…



But my favorite TV wedding comes from “Full House” when Jesse serenaded his bride Rebecca with The Beach Boys’ “Forever.” You can see it here.

So what is your favorite TV wedding? Let me know by posting a comment, or by sending an e-mail to hdstaytuned@hotmail.com...