Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pick of the Week: Entertaining AND Enlightening

I never like to discuss religion or politics in my blogs. So when both of those come crashing into the middle of one of my favorites shows, I admit it. I squirm a little.

But when the issues are presented in this entertaining of an hour, I handle it a whole lot better…

My Pick of the Week is “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.”

In this week’s episode, Kathy is honored by the Human Rights Campaign for her work to further gay rights. And that honor inspires her to go to Washington, D.C. and lead a rally to garner support for overturning Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.

Kathy honestly means well and she works hard to help the HRC, which organizes the rally for her. But as usual, her mouth gets her into some trouble, as she learns very quickly that her style doesn’t exactly translate to Washington.

“D-List” is always at its best when Kathy shows some heart, which she does a great deal in this episode. But she never loses her sense of humor, as there are several laugh out loud moments during the hour. However, the laughs never overshadow Kathy’s mission to bring attention to her cause.

And whether you agree or disagree with that cause, the hour is guaranteed to make you think—especially when Kathy talks to soldiers directly affected by DADT.

The episode might even open your eyes as it entertains you. And isn’t that what good TV is all about?

“Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” airs Tuesday, July 13th at 10 p.m. on Bravo…
Photo Credit: William B. Plowman/Bravo