Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, May 24, 2010

24 Days of "24": The Final Day

Tonight, I say goodbye to my beloved “24.”

You can all think I’m crazy for taking it so hard, but I can’t help it. For me, it’s not just about the show…

It’s about my Monday night (and Tuesday night before that) ritual of turning out all the lights and jumping on the couch to watch, not letting anything else interfere for an entire hour…

It’s about my friend in Canada whom I’ve never met, but with whom I’ll be chatting on Facebook as we experience the final episode together…

It’s about nine years of experiences, not all of them good…

As we countdown to the final hours of the show, I can’t help but think about my mother and how she would react. She wasn’t a “24” fan but she always supported me being one. I just know that she would call me after the show tonight or sometime tomorrow to make sure I was okay…

Hey, laugh if you want, but this is the woman who called to congratulate me when Kiefer Sutherland won his Emmy. I know she would’ve had something to say about the show coming to an end.

And no doubt, I will have something to say tonight after the finale is over. So be sure to check back for my thoughts…

The two-hour series finale of “24” airs at 8 p.m. on FOX…

Photo Credit: Kelsey McNeal/FOX