Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Surreal Conference Call With Daryl Hall

If I were to make a soundtrack of my life, one voice would be all over it—Daryl Hall.

He is without a doubt my favorite singer of all time. And his music (along with his musical partner John Oates) has been a huge part of my life.

So today, when I had the opportunity to join a conference call with Daryl and Mike Henry (aka the voice of Cleveland) to talk up his and John’s appearance on “The Cleveland Show” I was all over it.

You’d think that I would have been nervous. However when it came time to ask my question I was pretty calm and managed to get it out without stuttering too badly. And then Daryl unleashed a lengthy and pretty passionate answer that led to a fairly lengthy discussion between he and Mike about how people view Hall and Oates today.

It was more than a little surreal…

You see, back when “(500) Days of Summer” came out and reintroduced everyone to “You Make My Dreams,” people started saying Hall and Oates were cool again. And then a few weeks ago, Roger Friedman of “The Hollywood Reporter” (which “Idol Chit-Chat” fans know I am not a fan of) wrote a scathing blog post about how the duo was making a comeback after committing “career suicide” in the 80s.

So without mentioning the movie or Friedman, I had to ask Daryl how he felt about people saying they were making a comeback when they had never went anywhere. And boy did he ever tell me…

I have to admit it was so surreal--and exciting--that I didn’t get most of it written down. Thank goodness for transcripts…

I’ll have Daryl’s answer to my question and much more about his appearance on “The Cleveland Show” later this week.

So Stay Tuned…