Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Was "Southland" a Victim of "Leno"?

I was just getting ready to sign off my computer when I decided to check my Twitter account and found an insane tweet from Michael Ausiello from “Entertainment Weekly”…

NBC has cancelled “Southland” before a single episode of the second season aired.

HUH?!

According to “The Hollywood Reporter,” the show was deemed too dark and gritty for 9 p.m. Of course, it can no longer air at 10 because of “The Jay Leno Show.”

I have to say that this is absolutely ridiculous and just one more example of NBC’s complete stupidity. You might recall that I was not a big fan of the show, but many people were. And it brought in better ratings than any of the new dramas NBC has aired so far this year.

One could argue that NBC had seen the six episodes in the can and saw how good they were—or weren’t. But I’m not going to argue that, because I can’t believe they were any worse than what NBC has now.

The show is now being shopped to both broadcast and cable networks. I would not be surprised if the show ended up on TNT…

In my opinion, this is all because NBC couldn’t admit they screwed up…

Photo Credit: Mitchell Haaseth/NBC