Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pick of the Week: The Best Show I'm Not Watching

I had such a stack of shows to preview over the weekend that there was one I almost ignored.

And if I had, I would’ve missed a great hour of TV that I had no choice but to pick…

My Pick of the Week is “The Closer.”

I guess because I watch so much TV during the season that it’s hard for me to sit down and watch anything during the summer because there’s no reason I shouldn’t be watching this show on a regular basis. It’s well written and beautifully acted and Monday’s episode is one of the best hours of TV I’ve seen in a while…

When the episode begins, Chief Pope (J.K. Simmons) announces that he is going to be just “one of the guys” and joins Brenda’s (Kyra Sedgwick) team for the day. But he actually ends up completely screwing things up, making it more difficult for Brenda to get her confession.

And if my description sounds a little vague, that’s because I am deliberately withholding details because it will make the episode more fun for you…

TNT definitely knows drama, but I laughed my head off through this entire hour. Simmons, Tony Denison, and G.W. Bailey are fantastic and Sedgwick is in a class by herself.

Even if you are not a regular watcher of this show, you will want to watch this episode. It’s that good…

“The Closer” airs Monday, July 13th at 9 p.m. on TNT…

Photo Credit: Karen Neal