Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Pick of the Week: A Welcome Return and a Bonus Plea for a Troubled Fave

There are a few actors that I would watch no matter what they’re doing. And one of those is making his return to TV this week…

My Pick of the Week is the season premiere of “Rescue Me.”

I have never seen a single episode of “Rescue,” but since Michael J. Fox will be guesting, I really have no choice.

Fox will be playing the new boyfriend of Tommy’s (Denis Leary) ex, Janet (Andrea Roth). He’s scheduled to appear in four episodes.

Since this is FX, there’s no doubt this role will be much more crass than we’re used to seeing Fox, but since he’s a guy I’d watch read the phonebook, I’m willing to take the chance…

“Rescue Me” premieres Tuesday, April 7th at 10 p.m. on FX…

But while I’m pointing out shows to watch, let me make a plea for a show that could really use a few more viewers—“Kings.”

Yes, it can be wordy and the drama can be a little overblown. But Ian McShane is just so good, you can’t help but be mesmerized. And Dylan Baker (William) and Eamonn Walker (Reverend Samuels) are truly awesome.

And this week, Macaulay Culkin joins the drama as William’s son, Andrew. And you can just tell form the previews that he’s going to be just as fabulously slimy as his dad.

“Kings” airs Sunday, April 12th at 8 p.m. on NBC…

Photo Credits: Craig Blankenhorn/FX and Nicole Revelli/NBC