Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, January 19, 2009

"24": I think I'm sure...

With about 20 minutes left in tonight’s episode of “24,” I thought to myself, “How can there only be 20 minutes left? They haven’t done anything yet!”

Be careful what you ask for…

Warning: If you have not yet seen tonight’s episode of “24,” stop reading now…

I was so creeped out by the whole Renee getting buried alive thing that I almost missed what happened next.

Actually, I did miss it. But after the final moments faded, it dawned on me. The clock was silent. I even rewound the tape to be sure.

“24” fans know that the silent clock is reserved for the deaths of major characters—a point they drove into our heads to prove that Tony could still be alive. But I just couldn’t believe they would kill Renee this early.

And I still don’t. Since we’ve seen Renee in scenes in the trailer/promos that we have yet to see on the show, I’m sure she will somehow get out of the mess she’s in.

Or at least I think I’m sure…

I guess technically the clock was not completely silent since we did hear her breathing in a VERY creepy, yet VERY cool scene…

As for the rest of the episode, as I said, it was a little slow. And I’m clueless as to where the whole First Gentlemen’s story is headed. My guess is that Brian, the young Secret Service agent will end up dead because “24” has a real thing about offing hot young characters (President Keeler’s son, anyone?).

And I’m REALLY concerned about the soap opera plot that is developing in the FBI between Erica (Ever Carradine) and Sean (Rhys Coiro). Those storylines never work out well and I really thought Sean getting his wife’s plane at the top of the landing list was leading to a much more exciting storyline—not a stupid love triangle.

But don’t worry, folks, I am always willing to give my beloved show the benefit of the doubt…

Now if those stupid FOX promos would just stop giving away stuff…

“24” airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on FOX…
Photo Credit: Kelsey McNeal/FOX