Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Most Compelling Drama on TV

So over the next few weeks, I’m going to be telling you about the new shows that you’ll soon see on your TVs.

But let’s face it. The most compelling drama anyone could ever create is already unfolding…

I’m not what I would call a political person. I follow the news and I have opinions (which I generally keep to myself), but I don’t get that involved.

However, last night, I watched NBC’s coverage of the Democratic Convention even though “Tabatha’s Salon Takeover” was on Bravo AND the season premiere of “CSI: Miami” was looking up at me from my couch.

Who knew that I would choose Barack Obama over Horatio Caine? Certainly not me…

And don’t worry, I taped “Tabatha’s.” And I will tape it again next week so I can watch John McCain.

Because just when you thought this thing couldn’t add any more drama, McCain completely steals Obama’s thunder by picking a woman as his VP candidate.

It’s the kind of thing we’d see on “The West Wing” isn’t it?

On second thought, I don’t think “The West Wing” ever came up with anything this good…

Coverage of the Republican Convention begins on NBC, CBS and ABC Monday, September 1st at 10 p.m. when President Bush is scheduled to speak. Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin will speak on Wednesday night, while McCain will take the stage on Thursday.

I also recommend you check out “Meet the Press” Sunday, August 31st as presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin will be among Tom Brokaw’s guests. Check your local listings for the time in your area (“MTP” airs at 11 a.m. on WSAZ.) or catch the encore on MSNBC at 6 p.m...

And speaking of campaigns and “Meet the Press,” let me start my campaign now for NBC Political Director Chuck Todd to take over “Press” when Brokaw steps down after the election. In my opinion, he is the only choice…