Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, April 14, 2008

"Desperate Housewives": A Hum-Drum Return?

Warning: If you have not yet seen Sunday’s “Desperate Housewives,” stop reading now.


So how many of you were surprised that Susan’s cousin, Tim, ended up bedding Katharine instead of her daughter?


You wouldn’t have been if you were a fan of “The O.C.” because bedding older mothers is Chris Carmack’s specialty. His character did the same thing on “The O.C.” I knew what was coming the minute they first laid eyes on each other. Still, it was fun and it was good to see Carmack back on TV.


What I didn’t see coming was his connection to Katharine’s past, and quite frankly, I thought that was totally forced. He saw her nail someone over the head with a candlestick and he just suddenly remembers it? I would’ve thought that would have been one of the first things he would have said. Of course, he did have other things on his mind.


Maybe Tim’s knowledge of Katharine’s secret will play a part later, but I would have rather they just stuck with the flashback…


I was a little concerned when I realized that part of Sunday’s story was going to revolve around religion, but I thought the show handled it beautifully as Lynette asked the questions that we all have asked at one time or another; and Bree put aside her ambition to truly help her friend. I just hope the show hasn’t started a trend of parishioners engaging their pastors in a Q&A after the sermon. I’m not sure churches could handle that…


And wasn’t it nice to see Gaby actually being a genuine human being and putting aside her pettiness to be happy with Carlos. I hope that trend continues. Edie, on the other hand, needs to go away…


A lot of the reviews for last night’s episode have said the show was hum-drum, but I actually thought it was good. Not every “Desperate” hour needs to be over-the-top to be worth watching…