Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Am I Really Hooked On an ABC Show?

As much as it pains me to love anything on ABC, I have fallen head over heels for one of its new dramas.

I am CRAZY about “Dirty Sexy Money”…

You may recall I was a little disappointed with the show’s pilot. But the second episode added the two things the show really needed: outrageousness and an extra dose of Sutherland.

And the show hasn’t looked back yet…

Granted, some of the show’s stories can be a little over the top (Patrick in love with a transsexual for one), but the show makes them work. And those rich brats I complained about before are really starting to come into their own. The once annoying Brian is delivering some of the show’s funniest scenes. Karen is back to her flighty self and even Jeremy has a renewed purpose. Plus, Juliet is now a pretty funny parody of Paris Hilton. Her catfight with another socialite on the red carpet of Patrick’s Senate run announcement party was hysterical.

But it’s the added story for Donald Sutherland’s Tripp that’s really making the show sing. The look on his face when his wife’s birthday unlocked the combination to Dutch’s suitcase was as awesome as it was heartbreaking.

I’m not sure what I think about the addition of a new character in the murder mystery mix, but I’m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Because, whether I want to admit it or not, I am hooked on an ABC show.

It’ll probably be cancelled by November…

“Dirty Sexy Money” airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on ABC…