Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, June 11, 2007

Disney gets the "HSM 2" party started...

Since I made such a big deal about it, I figured I would be remiss to not make some kind of comment about "What Time Is It?" the first single from "High School Musical 2."

I have to say that it started out a little blah, but when the chorus finally kicked in, my feet were tapping. And it's nice to hear Corbin Bleu getting some more voice time in this one.

Die-hard "High School Musical" fans will hear something different coming out of Zac Efron's mouth--his own voice. Efron told "Access Hollywood" that you will hear his singing voice in the movie and on the soundtrack. Producers dubbed in Drew Seeley's voice in many places in the first movie and on the "HSM" soundtrack ("Breaking Free" is the most obvious.). I actually watched the video again so I could listen for a difference, but I only detected a slight one. If that is Efron's voice, you have to wonder why they chose to dub it out of the first one...

But Efron's voice really isn't the reason to listen here. That would be Lucas Grabeel (Ryan), who along with Ashley Tisdale (Sharpay), steals every scene he's in (They stole the show during the concert tour as well.). I can't wait to see what those two bring to the party this time...

While I'm plugging "HSM," let me tell you about the perfect gift for the "HSM"-obsessed. You can now buy dolls of Gabriella and Sharpay, or a set with Troy and Gabriella. The dolls play a snippet of a song from the movie. The Troy and Gabriella set plays "Breakin' Free"...

Also, don't forget that auditions are coming up for the First Stage production of "High School Musical." You can read all about them on the Tri-State Theater blog. Just click on the link at the right...

"High School Musical 2" premieres August 17th on Disney Channel...