Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, May 14, 2007

"24" and "Heroes": "What's Gonna Happen Tomorrow"

As soon as the slightly scary previews of next week’s “24” finale were over, a song immediately popped into my mind…

“And nobody knows what’s gonna happen tomorrow…”

Warning: The remainder of this post contains details about tonight’s episodes of “24” and “Heroes.”

I spent the majority of “24” feeling sick to my stomach because I was sure the writers were going to do the unthinkable and reveal Josh as Jack’s son. Longtime “24” fans know that unless there was some sperm theft going on it’s mathematically impossible for Josh to be Jack’s kid unless he cheated on his wife more than the one time we know about and no one wants to hear that. But I’ve still got a really bad feeling that’s what we’re going to get…

Fortunately, my hero Peter MacNicol was around to make things a little better—okay, a lot better. MacNicol usually gets the best lines of the night (many ad-libbed) and tonight was no exception. I loved it when he said, “And we’re finally done” at the sight of Lisa and her boyfriend “finishing up.” Second place would go to Cheng telling Josh “Your grandfather is a visionary. You should be thrilled to have such an opportunity.” I don’t know what it was about that line that made me crack up, but it did…

Interestingly, I actually found myself missing Tom when he was not on the screen, even though we were getting lots of Jack. It was crazy. But then most of this season has been a little crazy…

Which takes me back to that song. It’s called “What Happens Tomorrow” and it’s by Duran Duran. The song continues, “We’ve got to believe it’ll be alright in the end.” I’ve got to believe that this season will be alright in the end and the sight of Bill Buchanan returning to action made me believe it for a split second until they showed what appeared to be Chloe lying on the floor (Hopefully, that’s just some diversion she’s planning for Jack and the previews are just teasing us.).

But that whole Josh thing is still hanging over my head. If the show does go there, I’m not sure I can get over it…

“We’ve got to believe it’ll be alright in the end…”

That same mantra applies for “Heroes” as well…

“And nobody knows what’s gonna happen tomorrow. We try not to show how frightened we are…”

But it’s hard not to be frightened—especially since so many of the heroes are dying. I was sure I would finally have to say goodbye to my guy HRG tonight, but instead it was Thompson (Yea!), D.L. and possibly Linderman that we said goodbye to, although I’m sure HRG is still in serious trouble.

We finally got to see how Micah fit into all of this and it showed just how long Linderman has been planning this thing. But I’ve still got some more questions…

What made Nikki suddenly take back over? Was she in control all along and she only let Jessica come to the forefront to do things that she couldn’t?...

If Linderman was able to heal Nathan’s wife then isn’t he capable of healing himself?

Who are these heroes who lost their way? Was Nathan and Peter’s father one of them?

And I’m going to keep asking this one until someone answers me. If Linderman had all of these plans for Nathan, why did he try to have him killed—twice?

In all honesty, I’m also a little concerned about where “Heroes” is going. There’s been such a huge buildup to this thing that I’m just worried the ending is going to disappoint.

“We’ve got to believe it’ll be alright in the end…”