Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pick of the Week: An "Emergency" Finale

You may recall that when I first wrote about “In Case of Emergency,” I said the show’s emergency contact person should be a new writer.

Well, apparently someone listened because “Emergency” has become one of my favorite shows.

It’s not always funny, but the continuing story has somehow sucked me right in. I find myself caring about the characters that I originally said weren’t worth caring about. And lately, the show has added some great 80s music to give us that high school reunion vibe since the show is about four reunited high school classmates.

This week, the “Emergency” finale is my Pick of the Week. It’s also a momentous occasion for ABC since this is the only one of ABC’s new sitcoms allowed to finish its run—even if it was out of order.

No doubt the finale will end in a cliffhanger, but the real cliffhanger is whether or not the show will be back next season. That depends on ABC’s development slate.

But if I had to choose between “Emergency” and a show about the GEICO cavemen, I know which one I would go with…

“In Case of Emergency” airs Wednesday, April 18th at 9:30 p.m. on ABC…

Photo courtesy of Gannett News Service

Labels: