Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

FOX runs "Drive" off the road...

Well, it looks like I don’t need to watch those episodes of “Drive” I have on tape after all…

I stopped singing during the “24” promo (so I wouldn’t hear it) just in time to hear Don LaFontaine (the announcer) say that “24” was following a special “House,” which means “Drive” has been cancelled.

FOX had no choice. Monday’s episode had only 4.6 million viewers, which led to “24” scoring a season low.

So what happened? I would call it a case of overkill.

FOX started promoting “Drive” in January during every one of their programs. I think that people got sick of it before they even watched a single minute. I know I did…

Plus, instead of premiering it right where “Prison Break” left off, FOX waited a week which gave people a chance to start watching something else. Since “Drive” was compared to “Prison Break” quite a bit, I think it would have been wise to premiere it the very next week.

In retrospect, I’m guessing that FOX is regretting not holding off on bringing “Prison Break” back so it could help “24” fight off “Heroes”…

As for the final episodes of “Drive,” there’s no word yet on whether they will be shown on-line…

Labels: