Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pick of the Week: The Biggest Twist in "24" History

There’s a reason why I don’t watch “24” commercials. They give too much away.

I mean, the previews and “TV Guide” reveal enough, why do I need the commercials to spoil my fun too?

The problem is that almost all of the shows I watch are on FOX. So when the commercials come on I’m forced to take drastic measures. I don’t just turn my head or leave the room, I sing so I don’t hear what’s being said either.

But last week during “American Idol,” I was upstairs and the TV was on downstairs. I heard the commercial come on, but because I wasn’t near the TV, I didn’t sing. Big mistake.

I didn’t hear all of what was said, but I did hear the announcer promise us the biggest twist in “24” history.

Now, I know that it’s the job of the network promo department to oversell things. And more often than not, they turn out to be disappointments (Remember that “Lost” promo that promised the answers to three of the show’s biggest questions?). But over the years, FOX has been pretty accurate with their “24” promos—one of the reasons I don’t watch them.

When they told us to not miss the first 10 minutes of last season’s premiere? They were totally right. And every time they told us someone important would die? Right again.

So, I’m actually inclined to believe that Monday’s show is going to deliver a whopper of a shocker. And that’s why “24” is my Pick of the Week.

The other bad thing about “24” promos is that they become more revealing as the show’s airing gets closer. But knowing that didn’t stop me from listening to the promo they aired during today’s NASCAR race—which gave me an idea about what’s going to happen. And if I’m right, it will definitely be a shocker.

“24” airs Monday, March 12th at 9 p.m. on FOX…

Labels: