Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, March 26, 2007

"24": Unrealism Rocks!

Tomorrow, Ken Tucker (“Entertainment Weekly”) and many other TV critics are going to say that tonight’s big “24” twist was one of the most unrealistic things the show has ever done. And I would have to agree with them…

But man, did it rock!

Warning: The remainder of this post contains details about tonight’s episode of “24.”

I was all ready to mourn the loss of President Wayne Palmer during tonight’s episode, so when we heard that the Victory was told to stand down instead of fire the nuclear weapon because President Palmer gave the order, I was ecstatic. But when we saw a fully functioning President Palmer sitting up in the bed arguing with the Vice President, I actually yelled out loud, “Woo hoo!”

And yes, as I said, the thought of a man with severe brain swelling that had just spent the last few hours in a drug induced coma being that coherent is completely unrealistic, but I don’t care. I LOVED it! And I love the writers for doing it…

Besides, I never thought it looked like President Palmer was that close to the bomb anyway…

Now I haven’t stopped loving Powers Boothe as the VP, I just really wasn’t ready for Wayne to die—especially with all the bad reviews that D.B. Woodside got as Wayne. I hope that he took some of them to heart and makes the critics eat their words now. He got off to a great start tonight…

The episode actually had several moments worthy of yelling out loud for. I was SO relieved when Brady, the autistic man who helped Jack get Gredenko, survived. Even Jack was sure he was a goner, so that was nice of the show to let him live. And it was nice to see Jack get a chance to show his sensitive side as he worked with Brady. I thought Brady’s brother gave up Gredenko a little quickly, but then we’re in that cutting back the torture mode now…

And even though it was a bit of a repeat of the Tony-Michelle moment in season two, the Milo-Nadia kiss was pretty good—although I didn’t like the giant pause before he actually kissed her. There are nuclear bombs on the loose, Milo. Just make your move already! I loved when Nadia told him that he made his apology. Yeah, I’m thinking his tongue did that for him…

And for heaven’s sake, would someone please tell us what Doyle did in Denver? They’re throwing us a lot of curve balls with that story and I’m still not quite sure what to think…

And Ricky still needs a haircut…

But maybe the most important thing I could say about this episode is that not once did I have to yell at my TV, “Where’s Jack?!” After disappearing for huge chunks of most of this season’s episodes, Jack was with us all the way tonight. And it’s not a coincidence that this episode was one of the best of the season so far…

Even if it was a tad unrealistic…

Labels: