Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, November 20, 2006

Kelly vs. Clay: Are You Kidding Me?

This afternoon, I logged onto my blog to moderate comments; and I couldn’t believe what I was reading.

Several people (Thanks to them, by the way) posted to tell me about Kelly Ripa going off on Clay Aiken on this morning’s edition of “Live With Regis and Kelly.”

If you missed it, Kelly told Regis and the audience that she didn’t think Clay “was respectful in any way” to her during his stint as co-host on Friday. She also said there was some “impropriety” and “hostility.” What Kelly was most upset about was Clay putting his hand over her mouth during the Emmitt Smith interview.

Kelly apparently felt compelled to discuss the incident on this morning’s show after receiving “many” phone calls and hearing from Howard Stern who completely agreed that Clay behaved inappropriately.

Are you kidding me?

Obviously, Kelly can dish it; but she’s incapable of taking it. As I said in my earlier post, Clay was funny and he was forced to take shots at her (what she calls hostility) so he could get a word in edgewise. Was Kelly being respectful to Clay by not letting him talk?

As far as the hand over her mouth, you can call it rude if you’d like, but I think she had it coming after refusing to let Clay ask a question. And again, it was funny.

Not to mention that Clay was just doing what Regis has no doubt wanted to do for years.

I think what stuns me the most is that Kelly felt like she had to bring it up on today’s show, instead of just letting it go (Was that based on the advice of the classy Howard Stern?). Her unprofessionalism is astounding.

And it stinks for Clay that his new promotional push is being derailed by Kelly’s pettiness.

Basically what it boils down to is that Kelly can’t handle the fact that someone finally stood up to her—and got more laughs doing it. It’s just a shame that she has to badmouth Clay to feel better about it.

You can see Kelly’s rant at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEZ9jkO14I.