Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dear Mr Liguori...

Last year, in my previous blog, I wrote a personal letter to Peter Liguori, the President of FOX Entertainment, asking him to do the right thing and schedule “Prison Break” Mondays at 8 (to lead into “24”). A short while later, FOX announced that they were doing just that.

Now, just in case I may have been an influence on him, I’ve been hesitant to try it again, since I don't want to waste my powers of persuasion. But watching the second episode of “The O.C.,” I feel I have no choice.

So here goes…

Dear Mr. Liguori,

First of all, let me thank you for listening to my plea last year for “Prison Break.” I’m sure you’ll agree that it was an excellent move.

I urged you to do the right thing then and I want to take a moment to ask you to do the right thing now—this time for “The O.C.”

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, the show has been getting more buzz and critical acclaim than it has in years. Just this week, “Variety” proclaimed “the scripts are snappy, the plots make sense, the acting’s solid, the music is appropriately indie.”

Though I’ve only seen the first two episodes of the season, I must agree.

I know that the ratings for the season premiere were not good; but I hope you will not be too quick to pull the trigger. I also know that the show has declined in quality since that first season; but now it’s on the comeback trail. Please don’t cut that trail short.

I applaud you for giving the show a tryout on Wednesday nights. But I’m concerned what you will do if this airing scores poorly as well.

Therefore, I am asking you to do the right thing. Don’t give up on “The O.C.”

There’s a comeback coming. Please let us see it.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Angela Henderson