Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Not So "Happy Hour"

I watched the pilot of FOX’s “Happy Hour” so I could write a preview.

But after watching it, I have no idea what to write because I have no idea what the show’s about.

Which should tell you right off that it’s not on my must-see list.

Within the first five minutes, Henry (John Sloan) is dumped by his girlfriend, Heather, who kicks him out of their apartment. The super tells him about a tenant looking for a roommate which leads Henry to Larry. Larry needs a new roommate because his old one, Brad, has moved in with his fiancé, Tina, who can’t stand Larry.

Larry decides he’s going to remake Henry, so he introduces him to his friend, Amanda, who gets him a job and later helps throw a party for him.

And that was pretty much the episode. The name of the show comes from Brad’s tradition of having a martini every day at four o’clock.

I guess the show is about Brad adjusting to single life with the help of his new friends, but I just can’t see where it’s going.

I take that back. I do see quite clearly where it’s going—cancellation city.

“Happy Hour” premieres Thursday, September 7th at 8:30 p.m. on FOX.