Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, June 01, 2006

"Commander In Chief": The Shocker of the Year!

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.

With 10 minutes left in last night’s episode of “Commander In Chief,” I braced myself for the convenient plot twist that would allow President Mackenzie (Mac) Allen to come out on top. But it didn’t happen.

It was the shocker of the year: Templeton won one.

That should’ve made me happy. And it did for a minute or so. But then it made me mad. Mad at ABC for screwing up the show and then canceling it just before it got good.

I told you this would be a good episode and it turned out to be everything I hoped. Donald Sutherland was his usual outstanding self, playing to the press and making snide remarks to the staff as he took on the “ceremonial” role of Acting President when Mac was forced to have emergency surgery. Seeing an opportunity, Templeton took action to end an airline pilot’s strike—action Mac refused to take. Templeton finally got his moment when he announced to the press that the strike was over. I have to say that it was pretty awesome.

But even Templeton’s victory didn’t compare to the ending as Mac vowed she would do everything possible to keep Templeton from becoming President and then told him to get out. In that moment, the mess that Steven Bochco (or whoever) made was erased as Mac and Templeton once again became enemies. It set the stage for some big showdowns to come.

Unfortunately, we will never see those showdowns.

ABC showed no previews for next week’s episode, but their website says the show will air next week. To tell you the truth, though, I would actually be happy if they didn’t show any more of the episodes. That way Templeton could go out a winner.