Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Grey's Anatomy": WOW!

So I watched an episode of “Grey’s Anatomy” in its entirety for the first time tonight and all I can say is …

Wow!

Now, I know that I picked a particularly intense episode to start in with, but that’s probably why I was so impressed. I loved the whole Izzie-Denny storyline (although her total freakout was a little difficult to watch) and the tension that went with it. And I admit that I gasped at the sight of Burke on the sidewalk. I knew that there would be some wrench thrown in Izzie’s plans but I did not see that one coming. My only problem with it was that Izzie involved George. I understand why she did, but if she’s going down I hate that she’s going to take him with her.

And having watched an episode now I can say without a doubt that Meredith should definitely choose McDreamy. Yes, he didn’t tell her about being married, but then Finn lied to her about her dog. That’s a pretty big sin too. I like how the show is using Doc as an analogy for Meredith and Derek’s romance. Plus, didn’t you love how Derek and Addison had their big blowout right in front of everyone? And I love James Pickens Jr. as Dr. Webber. We need more “Another World” alumni out there (although I’m a little disappointed “World” is not included on his website bio).

Thank goodness I bought that extra VCR because now I’m going to need it since the first hour of the “Grey’s” finale is airing opposite “24.” And there’s a distinct possibility that could be “Grey’s” permanent home in the fall.

I really didn’t want to get hooked on another drama—especially since I’m bound to get hooked on “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” next season—but since “Desperate Housewives” has gotten so totally mean (And what was up with Gaby saying, “Carlos is dead” on next week’s previews?), I think there will be room on my schedule.